Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Muffin Mix Recipe

Today I started on a new craft that I saw a picture of and really liked so I sat down to try and do it myself.  You weave a basket around a quart size canning jar, make a garter like thing and then add a old 1 piece zinc canning jar lid.  I will try and post some pictures tomorrow; I made 3 of them and made 4 garters.  I purchased some zinc lids off of eBay and should have them by tomorrow and then will take them to the shop next week to sell.  I thought I had a lot more basket reed than I have but will use what I have and see how they sell before I buy some more.  I will have to keep my eyes open and look around at garage sales, not one of those things that you hardly see but will try.

In the morning I am going to pick raspberries with Renee, I will put these in the freezer to make pies with.  I am out of sugar or I would just can some raspberry pie filling.  

Here is one more of the convenience mixes I keep on hand.  I've used canned pie cherries, bananas and pineapple for the fruit and all are very good.


Muffin Mix

8 cups flour
3 cups sugar
3 tablespoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Mix all ingredients and store in cool place, makes 11 cups Muffin Mix.

For Muffins:
2 3/4 cup Muffin Mix
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted, or 1/2 cup vegetable oil

Mix all ingredients, pour in greased muffin pans, bake 18 to 20 minutes 400 degrees.

For Peach Muffins, fold in 1 cup diced fresh peaches into the batter mix above.

For Banana Muffins, Mash 1 banana and add to batter mix above.

For Blueberry Muffins, fold in 1 cup fresh blueberries in the batter mix above.


No comments:

Post a Comment