Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Amish Area Day Trip

This Friday we will be taking a trip down to the Arthur/Arcola Illinois area for a full day of shopping.  We will leave home about 6 AM for our 2 1/2 hour drive.  The town of Arthur is having a town wide garage sale day.  We will start out with garage sales then go to the produce auction at 10 that we went to last year.  After the auction we will do more garage sales and then before the 2 Amish bulk stores close we will go to them and stock up on items we need.  The end of our day will be spent at an Amish style restaurant and then home which will be pretty late I'm sure.  I'm hoping that a lot of the Amish and Mennonite residents participate in the sales so I can pick up some Amish and Mennonite clothing items to sell on Etsy and Ebay.  The clothing items I got in April at the Amish auction in Cuba Ill went real fast.  I also need to find some vintage canning jars and linens.  I have less than 10 vintage jars in stock and my linens have been going real fast.
If nothing else just going down to the area is good for me and I'm sure we will see the Amish out working out in their fields and many other beautiful sites.

I almost forgot I "for sure" will be looking for baby girl things.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment