Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Canning Day and My 100th Post

This is my 100th post and it seems like I've been doing this longer than I have.
Today I canned 11 qts of yellow peaches, 2 qts and 5 pts of peach salsa.  I used the white peaches to make the salsa because they are a little sweeter.  I used some Ball Salsa Mix and substituted peaches for the tomatoes.  I tasted it and it is very good and a little hot.  It is not real pretty but it is good so that is all that matters.   I have about 50 yellow and 30 white peaches left to do and they should be ready by tomorrow.  I will have Thursday to deep clean the kitchen, do any wash and pack for Texas.  We will leave Friday morning about 4 and drive straight through; it is about a 16 hr drive.
I am getting another truck load of chipped up trees to add to my new garden bed today.  So far it is looking pretty good; newspaper, shredded trees, straw from the chicken coop and now more shredded trees.  I will need a lot more but this is a good start.  If it ever rains and I need to cut the lawn again I will add grass clippings to it and then this fall I will add shredded leaves.
Peach Salsa and yellow peaches.
Later, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment