Monday, May 6, 2013

Garden and Yard Work

Yesterday I planted my yellow wax beans, green beans and cucumbers.  The only thing I want to add yet is 2 egg plants.  Would like to add a few other items but have run out of space.  I also took some scrap fencing  and made a trellis for the cucumbers to climb.  It is rather unique looking and will have to take a picture of it. The garden is doing very good and the weeds are few.  I think I'm going to love this "Garden of Eden" thing.
Today I mowed the grass, took 5 1/2 hours.  Have a lot of hand mower work and because it did not get mowed last week it was rather long.  I bag my grass and the bagger needed emptied a lot and the grass shoot kept getting clogged so that is what took me so long to get it done.  Ron did the weed whacking when he got home.
I put the bagged grass between the rows of things in the garden.  This will add nutrients, keep down the weeds and keep the soil moist.  I also did give the chickens some, it is good for them and makes their yolks a deeper yellow/orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment