Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Peppers and Tomatoes are in the Ground

After delivering 10 dozen of eggs to a new customer, packing up several Ebay and Etsy orders and taking them to the Post Office I came home and worked outside.  We have rain in the forecast for the next 5 days so I thought I better get it done.  I put in 7 pepper plants and 6 tomato plants.  Sure hope we don't get too much rain because I'm not sure they can do the backstroke.  Next week I will put in a roll of green beans, half a row of black wax yellow beans and some cucumbers.  The only other thing I want to get is a couple egg plants.
While I was out I decided to bring out the babies (3 weeks old Friday and Saturday) and put them in a portable yard cage we got at a garage sale.  At first they did not know what to think but after a while they had a ball.  They got to stay out for about 5 hours.  Doesn't look like they will get to go out again for a while because of the coming rain.

Over the top is a piece of black netting to protect them and to keep them in.

The 4 black ones are turkeys and the rest are 12 chickens.

Picture when I removed the netting.

Aren't they so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment