Sunday, September 29, 2013

Canning Potatoes

Today Ron and I canned 67 pints of red potatoes, just a little over 50 lbs.  Ron said he thought he was in the Army and on KP duty.  Next I will dehydrate hash brown potatoes and then can potatoes, carrots and onions together for when we have roast.  We bought 100 lbs on Saturday afternoon at 50 lbs for $8.99.
We canned about 100 lbs last year as plain potatoes, roast mix, vegetable soup mix and potato soup mix.  I have a few of the potato soup mix left and a a few of the vegetable soup mix left so I won't be making those this year.  Tomorrow I hope to get the hash brown potatoes started and that will take a couple days to do.  Dehydrated hash brown potatoes come in so handy and take so little space.

2 comments:

  1. I dehydrated hash brown potatoes for the first time this year. It's amazing how little space they take up & I'm loving that. I've not yet cooked with the dehydrated product but I'm hoping to do that soon (trying to work through the fresh produce first!)

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you can your potatoes?

    ReplyDelete