Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby it's Cold Outside and my Auction Finds

Yesterday it was 50 degrees and today it didn't get out of the 20's.  Monday and Tuesday we will be lucky to get to 15 degrees.
We went to a large auction yesterday where I got a lot of linens, some material and lots of tablecloths.  The linens will be used for rag crocheting and I will put the tablecloths on Etsy or Ebay.  This lady loved sheep and everything had sheep on them.  There was 1 hay wagon with huge bags of wool that had been dyed and ready to be spun.  There had to be at least 100 garbage bag size bags of the wool, it  was beautiful.  Also there was about 50 garbage bags of material, huge amount of sewing items, yarn and 1 hay wagon full of baskets.  The antique furniture was beautiful.  It was hard to believe that all the stuff came out of a 3 bedroom old house.  I'm sure most of the stuff had to come out of a garage or barn.  I can't say for sure but I would think she was a hoarder.  Of the $20 I spent yesterday I should make at least $200 +.   All the boxes of stuff I got were only $1 each.  I think that they just went through the house and threw everything in a box or bag and I always find some good treasures that way. I also got lots of patterns that I will go through to make sure all the pieces are there and then put them on one of the sites.  People love vintage patterns.  If I don't sell something after a short time then I find someone who might want it or take it to Goodwill.  I need to keep turning over the stuff because I have such a small place to keep it and don't want my kids to clean stuff up when I die.

2 comments:

  1. You are so resourceful Paula! I need to do the turnover strategy as you do to cut down the clutter. Stay warm!
    Warmly,
    Tracey xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I die and if I leave my kids a mess they will be mad plus I have very little space to store things.

      Delete