Monday, January 28, 2013

Sinus Infection

I hardly ever get sick and have this sinus infection like I had last year.  The sinus cavity in the back of my head gets infected and it feels like my head will explode.  You know how you feel if you have smashed your finger or toe and if you run a needle under the nail to relieve the pressure it feels oh so good.  Well if someone would just take a needle and relieve some of the pressure I would feel so much better.  This is the 3rd day I have been sick and I'm more than past due to get better.  I HATE FEELING SICK.  I am not a patient person and when I have no control over something it drives me crazy.
I just got back from running some packages to the Post Office and it is nice and warm out.  It is in the 50's but the fog has not lifted all day.  Tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 60's with rain and then Wednesday it will be in the mid 30's with rain and snow.  It's no wonder so many people are sick.  We desperately need the moisture so I do welcome the rain and the snow.  The majority of my hens are white and with weather like this they look terrible.  I keep telling them that I need to install a shower for them.  Once and only once a couple years ago I gave them a bath.  You ask why in the world would she do that?  Well they were so dirty and my granddaughter Hannah said she would help me so we did it.  It was oh so much fun that I've never done it again. This proves that just because I'm old I can still learn from past mistakes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. Do you use a netty pot? I find it helps so, so much when my head feels like it's going to explode. I had to be talked into trying one because it seemed so gross to me, but it's not and the result is so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried it but I've heard good things about using it. My oldest daughter has been plagued with sinus problems and her doctor recommend using one but she just couldn't do it. When I'm out shopping Thursday I might just pick one up and try it. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete