Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Nothing Going On

It has pretty much been rather boring around here since the first of the year.  All I have been up to is stocking my Etsy store and selling things on Ebay.  Both things are doing real good but take an enormous amount of time.  After doing good on Ebay selling vintage canning jars I branched out to other items that we pick up at auctions or get free.  I put on Ebay a pair of spurs that we found and made about $125; a Indian motorcycle emblem that Ron found in some scrap years ago went for $38.  Doing both of these is a full time job and not an 8 hour day but have found it fun and profitable.  I'm amazed at what sells and for how high some items go for.  After the post office opens in a couple of hours I have 3 big boxes of stuff to take up.  Some days Ron will take the stuff when he gets home from work.
It has been cold for the last week and I am already tired of winter.  I hate that I can't get out everyday and fiddle around in the yard.  Also hanging laundry inside is not a favorite thing either.  Last June I decided to save energy and not use my dryer and don't regret that decision.  For 2 weeks after surgery we used it because I couldn't hang clothes with one hand and Ron would not do it but the rest of the time I hang it out or in.
Well I guess I'll pick up around the house some and look around to see what else I can do to keep busy.


  1. I will be interested to hear about those online classes adn how those were.

  2. No-Knead Pizza dough

    Makes four 12-inch pizzas

    Making the Dough:

    500 grams (17 1/2 ounces or about 3 3/4 unsifted cups) all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
    1 gram (1/4 teaspoon) active dry yeast
    16 grams (2 teaspoons) fine sea salt
    350 grams (11/2 cups) water

    1. In a medium bowl, thoroughly blend the flour, yeast, and salt. Add the water and, with a wooden spoon and/or your hands, mix thoroughly. We find it easiest to start with the spoon, then switch to your hands.

    2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and allow it to rise at room temperature (about 72°) for 18 hours or until it has more than doubled. It will take longer in a chilly room and less time in a very warm one.

    3. Flour a work surface and scrape out the dough. Divide it into 4 equal parts and shape them. For each portion, start with the right side of the dough and pull it toward the center, then do the same with the left, then the top, then the bottom. (The order doesn't actually matter; what you want is four folds.) Shape each portion into a round and turn seam side down. Mold the dough into a neat circular mound. The mounds should not be sticky; if they are, dust with more flour.

    4. If you don't intend to use the dough right away, wrap the balls individually in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Return to room temperature by leaving them out on the counter, covered in a damp cloth, for 2 to 3 hours before needed.

    1. forgot to say it's me, G.