Monday, December 31, 2012

Crocheted Baskets/Bags

Over the Christmas holiday I gave 6 of the crocheted bags away that I had made earlier this month and sold one to Gina who filled it with some homemade soap to give someone she worked with.   My stock has gone down so I have been crocheting them when I have some free time.  Ron helped me tie some of the rags together and then wind them up.  I have a basket of recycled linens ready to be cut in strips and washed the rest of the linens that I had stored.   I hung them out side and some froze even before I got them on the lines.  Then I hung some on the lines in the laundry room when I ran out of room outside.
I use the word "recycled" when I use something that had been previous used.  Now I guess the word "up-cycled" is being used.  I guess "up-cycled" sounds classier than recycled.  Whatever you call it, recycled or up-cycled, that is what I am doing.  I use recycled linens and material to crochet baskets or bags.

Local family and friends:  I need recycled buttons.  If you are throwing away something with buttons please cut the buttons off for me.  Thanks

Recycled linens, lace from a recycled pillow case, recycled button.

All recycled items.

Recycled linens, lace from a pillow case and button.

Vintage potato mashers made into baskets with recycled linens.

Recycled linens.

Recycled basket with recycled t-shirts and buttons.


monday's homestead barn hop

3 comments:

  1. Paula, I have lots of buttons I am not using for anything and would be happy to send them to you. Let me know how and I will send them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you not want the buttons? I'm happy to send them or not, but please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I would love them. I was gone yesterday and this is the first I've had a chance to get on the computer. please email me at:
      paulaann9751@gmail.com and we can work out the address.

      Delete