Sunday, August 4, 2013

Chicken Stuff Done for the Weekend

Up early and strained the broth from the bones and picked off about 1 pint of chicken pieces.  Ron and I then canned 7 quarts and 2 pints of broth and 1 pint of chicken pieces.  We had 2 canners going at the same time so we were able to get it done much sooner than when I had only 1 canner.
After the canning we got out the Kitchen Aide mixer and the grinder attachments and ground 10.6 lbs of chicken. Nice amount of stuff from the 9 chickens.
I think there are about 15 or so more chickens that are not yet ready and most will be kept whole for baking or grilling.
For supper tonight we went to Gina's and Ali's for a cook out.  It was real nice and nice to get out and visit. The weather was perfect, in the 70's with a little breeze.  Ali makes a Turkish Salad that has cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, salt, lemon juice, vinegar, black olives and olive oil.  It is very good and Gina sent the leftovers home with me.  I will be eating that for my lunch tomorrow.  Of course he doesn't have a recipe he just use a little of this and a little of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment