Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Yard Work Monday

I was up and outside yesterday at 8 AM to start my yard work yesterday.  I first started out using the new weed whacker we got a couple of weeks ago.  It has a non pull attachment that you put on a drill and it starts it.  I do not have enough energy to pull the cord to start it and decided to purchase one I could start.   We also got a straight gas model which is a little heaver than a gas/oil model.  My arms are really sore today.  After 3 + hours on the weed whacker it was time to get out the mower.  Got the yard done WITHOUT getting stuck in any ditch.  Then I picked tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden.  When I finished it was 3 PM and I was filthy dirty.
We desperately need some rain.  The garden is pretty dry and the grass is starting to turn brown.  I would rather have to mow the grass and have it green than to have it brown and not have to mow it.  I love having a yard that looks like a park

No comments:

Post a Comment