Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Asian Chicken and Wild Rice Soup

With the cold weather soup is so good and so easy to make.  With no recipe in mind I decided to create one myself so I went to the pantry and pulled out 2 quarts of chicken broth, 1 pint of shredded chicken, wild rice and a bag of Asian vegetables out of the freezer.
I opened the broth and chicken and added to the soup pot and brought to a boil, turned down the heat and added the rice.  Simmered this for about 30 minutes and then added the frozen vegetables and simmered for 10 minutes.  Done and ready to eat, it was very good.
If I had some soy sauce this would have been great in this or even some chow mein noodles    sprinkled on top when served would have been good.  If you don't care for wild rice white rice would also work.  
The ingredients.

My bowl of soup.
The pot of soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment