Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Chicken and Noodles Soon Compliments of the Egg Eater

The egg eater has sealed her own fate.  She has put the noose around her own neck.  This is not something I want to do but she has left me no other choice.  I just came in from gathering eggs and there she was in a nest eating a huge brown egg,  She didn't try and hide the fact she was doing it and keep eating it as I approached her.  I picked her up and tucked her under my arm and proceeded to gather the eggs.  After I was done I put her in with the turkeys until we can get her dressed.  I sure hope she is the only one that has been eating the eggs and with her in another location I will be able to tell for sure.
Last week I clipped her beak like someone told me and that didn't help.  I have been finding one or two eggs a day that have been ate and I can't have that.  Breaking an egg eater is nearly impossible.  So it looks like we will be having a nice pot of chicken and noodles soon thanks to the old girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment