Tuesday, July 23, 2013

6 Free Roosters

I know I've said it before but I LOVE CRAIGSLIST.  I saw where someone was thinning their roosters and I answered the ad.  These nice roosters came from a farm about 15 miles from our house.  The young kid who caught them for us was telling us that he and his brother showed them at fairs and at 4 H.  They are all under 8 months old, the huge white one is a Leghorn who I will be keeping and when we get back from our vacation I will be putting him with my 4 Leghorn hens for a couple of weeks and hatch some Leghorns.  Leghorns lay large white eggs almost every day so they are a wonderful hen to have.  The ones I have now are 2 1/2 years old and will butcher them next summer. The 2 black and white stripe ones are Barred Rocks I will keep one and Renee wants the other one.  I am going to see if she will let me borrow her Barred Rock hen for a couple of weeks and put her with the Barred Rock rooster so I can have some pure Barred Rock chickens.  The other 3 roosters I have no idea what kind they are and if any one knows let me know.

My new additions, look at that beautiful Leghorn.

Barred Rock

The Leghorn making sure everyone knows he is here.  I've never heard a rooster crow so loud.

Until we get back the roosters are rooming with the turkeys and they are not sure what is going on.

First thing they found was the food.

Leghorn, un-known and 2 Barred Rocks.

Some of the new boys and the turkeys.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment