Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th Gathering

Some of the family came over for a meal and fellowship today.  We ate inside and then later some of us went outside to enjoy this beautiful weather we have been having.  I love being outside and being outside and visiting with family is even better.
I picked my first 2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers and a green pepper today.  I sliced them up to put on our sub sandwiches and they were delicious.  I didn't even realize I had any tomatoes that were turning.  The tomatoes are so thick that it is hard to see through them.  I saw them when I was looking for some cucumbers that I knew were about ready.
The chickens were happy to get the cucumber peelings and green pepper parts.  I try not to waste any garden peels, stems or anything.  The vegetables are good for the chickens and makes the yolks nice and yellow.

1 comment: