Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rhubarb Cobbler and Rhubarb Pies

This morning I pulled up a lot of rhubarb so I could make some desserts for tomorrow.  I sat outside and prepared the rhubarb and enjoyed the beautiful weather we are having.  I made up a big pan of rhubarb cobbler and made 3 rhubarb pies.  I baked one and froze the other 2 for another time.  I also baked sub buns and a loaf of bread for tomorrow.  I made 12 huge buns and 1 loaf of bread and I had flour everywhere and a huge amount of dirty dishes.
We are having make your own sub sandwiches, tuna salad, lettuce salad, Greek pasta salad, fresh green beans, chips and rhubarb cobbler and pie.  I have 7 different kinds of lunch meat and 4 kinds of cheese to make our sandwiches so we will have a nice variety to choose from.  I wanted to have a cold meal that was easy to do so no one had to be over a hot grill or stove plus I love salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment