Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pumpkin Bread

I made 4 loaves of pumpkin bread today, 3 for the freezer and 1 to enjoy now.  It was a cool morning and thought it was a nice way to warm up the house, pretty good excuse :)   After the bread came out I stuck in a pork shoulder roast we are going to have for supper.  I will be adding a jar of the potato/carrot mixture I canned a couple weeks ago and call it a meal.
I hate planning meals, if someone would tell me what to make that would be wonderful.  When I ask what they want they never have an answer.  When I worked I would plan the weeks menu on Sunday and get the stuff out of the freezer for the first 2 meals so it could thaw.  Now that I am retired I plan the meal that morning and sometimes not until an hour or so before we eat.  Having all the canned items helps this last minute planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment