Monday, July 9, 2012

Blackberry Pie Filling and Peaches

I took the blackberries that I picked out of the freezer and canned blackberry pie filling.  I got 4 qts and it looks and tastes wonderful.  Not a whole lot of peaches ripe today so I moved them back out to the garage to ripen.  I put them in the laundry room after I sorted them yesterday morning.  I cold packed them but the rest I will hot pack them.  Hot packing make for a nicer looking final product.  I canned 1 qt and 1 pt of yellow peaches and 2 qts and 1 pt of white peaches.  I made about 2 gallons of a very light syrup and have the rest of the syrup in the fridge ready for the next time. 
I washed up enough jars this morning to last me a couple of days.  I figured since I didn't have a huge amount to can I would do the prep work for the next few days.  Tomorrow I plan on canning more peaches and going to make about 6 pints of peach salsa (that will be all my pints jars).
I need to go out to the garage and put some more qt jars within easier reach in case I don't have enough washed and should get a count of how many I have.  Don't want to have to dig through stuff if I'm in a time crunch.  We leave for Texas early this Friday morning so the peaches better hurry up and get ripe.  

Blackberry Pie Filling

L-R, blackberry pie filling, yellow peaches, white peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment