Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tomatoes, Zucchini and Herbs

I had a few ripe tomatoes and my daughter Renee gave me 4 nice tomatoes so I canned 5 pints this morning.  I don't have that many tomato plants this year so I will have to can a few jars at a time when I get enough; a little here and a little there adds up.  When the tomatoes were processing I grated then froze 5 bags (2 cups each) of zucchini for zucchini bread.  I think I have enough froze now so I will need to get creative and find some new zucchini recipes to try.  For supper tonight we are having leftovers and I am going to make a small batch of zucchini pancakes.  I've never made or ate them but they sure sound good.  There are many recipes on the internet and I will be using one of them.
I put the stevia leaves through the small food chopper and made it into a fine powder.  I did this several times and also used a find mesh strainer and strained it.  Right now I have chocolate mint and spearmint drying and the aroma in the house is very nice.

Orange/citrus mint, apple mint, stevia, tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment