Monday, July 9, 2012

Onion and Potato Harvest

I harvest all my yellow onions and some of the red ones yesterday; I still have a lot of red onions that the tops have not died back yet so I left them in the ground.  Usually I just plant red onions but also put in yellow this year.  The onions did real good and I will plant yellow and red again.  I planted Yukon Gold potatoes this year; I planted about 1 1/2 pounds and harvested about 10 lbs.  I also harvested a few potatoes twice to have with peas so for the amount I planted the harvest was pretty good.  This is the first time I've planted potatoes and I will probably plant them again.


I tie the onions in bunches and hang under the umbrella on the patio table to dry.

This is the bed of red onions that are still growing.
My Yukon Gold potatoes, the bag in for storage and the little ones I will cook with some peas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment