Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Worst Part of Raising Chickens

Raising chickens has its ups and downs; cute baby chicks, getting all those fresh eggs and culling of the hens.  When I first started raising chickens I said no way would I do this but as time went by I have looked at it differently.  By no means am I making money raising chickens but I don't want to loose money either, I just want the girls to pay for themselves.  The grandson Brandon took Black Betty home today and 3 others went to live with someone my husband works with.  He also took Ralph the rooster, we have been trying to find him a home for a while now.  He got to be very mean and you could never turn your back on him, I have been spurred several times and I took to carrying the hay fork with me when I collected eggs.  I will wait until next spring to replace the chickens when I can purchase them from our local feed store. 

Black Betty

Brandon and Renee loading Black Betty.

No comments:

Post a Comment