Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Retirement, 2 Month Anniversary

It has been 2 months since I retired and in some ways it seems longer.  I look back at all I have accomplished in 2 short months and I am amazed.  My biggest accomplishment has been being able to can again.  I enjoy canning things and being able to control what goes in my food.  Next years garden is already in the planning stage and it will be much larger.  This year I planted potatoes, garlic, onions, several kinds of lettuce, 4 kinds of peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, acorn squash and eggplant. I will plant all of these next year along with some peas, more tomatoes, some green beans and maybe some lima beans.
I also started a large raised bed of herbs this year.  The raised bed has all perennials and all but a couple will be used for herbal tea.  The tube garden has my cooking herbs and they have done very good this year despite the heat.  Next year I will be able to harvest the rhubarb I planted this year.  At first I wasn't sure it was going to make it but it looks really good. Our apple trees are surviving but a couple of the pine trees that we planted this year might not make it.  :(
Take care and thanks to everyone who reads this and sometime gets a laugh to brighten their day or maybe you've learned something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment