Sunday, September 23, 2012

Beautiful Fall Sunday

This weather is beautiful.  The sun was out, a little breeze occasionally and the trees are starting to turn colors.  This morning Ron and I cut up all the veggies I am going to use to make vegetable soup mix tomorrow.  Thank goodness for my KitchenAid and the attachments; they made the job of cutting some of the stuff easy.  We then went into town to deliver some eggs, a quick trip to the store and then back home.  I went out back and planted my garlic and then let the chickens out to roam the yard.  Ron and I sat out and watched them while they roamed around.  Why is it that the 2 places, garlic bed and pea bed, I didn't want them in they insisted going?  After a few times getting them out they went about eating grass and scratching around to find some goodies.  They got to stay out for a couple hours and then the fun began.  Close your eyes and picture this; Ron standing at the gate to the chicken yard with a hoe in his hand and me chasing the chickens with a long pole trying to get them to go back in their yard.  After several minutes, well maybe more than several minutes I was successful in getting them back in and locked up.  I don't know about them but I was tired after the chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment