Thursday, September 13, 2012

Busy Wednesday and Thursday Canning

Getting things canned for this winter has kept me very busy the last few days.  I have canned 31 qts of different varieties of ham and beans the last 2 days.  We now have sm Lima beans, lg Lima Beans, pinto beans, navy beans and mixed beans.  Next  I will be doing the russet potatoes to have for mashed potatoes and then hopefully next weekend I will can a mixture of vegetables for vegetable beef soup.
The weather has really changed the last couple of days.   We have some rain moving in and it will get in the upper 40s tonight.  Just a couple of weeks ago it was in the 90s.  I love this cooler weather and appreciate the rain we have been getting.  The grass is so pretty and green and looks nice.  Soon the leaves will be covering the ground and the weather will be much cooler.  Summer is on the downward spiral the garden is almost done.  Plans for next years garden has started and the dreams of it have started to fill my head.  
Later, take care.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful feeling it must be to have a few larder. Enjoy the rain and chilly nights.

    ReplyDelete