Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fall Food Sales to Watch For

I have started to watch the sales and am watching for the following items so I can dehydrate or can them to use all year for bargain prices.
Celery, I dehydrate this to use in soups, stews and will use some next summer when I can mixed vegetables for soup.
Cranberries, will can this in 1/2 pint jars to enjoy all year.
Sweet potatoes, can or dehydrate to enjoy all year long.
Turkeys, want to can the meat and also can some turkey broth to use all year long.
In December I will start watching for ham and plan on canning some.  If you want to can some dried beans and ham this would be a good time to get the ham.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to find your immensely helpful site. How can I subscribe so as to never miss a post?
    My email is lcsr59@sbcglobal.net. Thank you... and sure hope your recovery is going well...
    Lori
    Texas

    ReplyDelete