Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Leftovers

Yesterday I finally canned the leftover turkey and broth from Thanksgiving.  It's not that I've been too busy to do it, it's that I have been feeling "down".  I need to pull myself out of this deep hole and get back into the swing of things.
I divided the turkey among 4 quart jars and then added the broth.  I can use this for soup or noodles and will come in handy this winter.  Yesterday was also our first day not to have leftover turkey since Thanksgiving.  I know we were getting tired of turkey but it was so easy to rely on it.  I was hoping to get a couple of turkeys to can but didn't get that done.  I will keep watching for some sales and hopefully get some to can.
I used one of the 17 quart canners I got at an auction to do this canning and it was wonderful, small means it heats up faster and cools down faster than my 23 quart canner.  It also was much easier to handle with having my left hand still in the brace.  Love those bargains.

4 quarts of turkey with broth.



http://homesteadrevival.blogspot.com/2012/12/barn-hop-90.html

No comments:

Post a Comment