Thursday, November 8, 2012

Turkey Pot Pie

For supper tonight I made a turkey pot pie.  I used a frozen double pie crust that I made last month, 1 pint of shredded turkey, 1/2 pint of yukon gold potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables. In a sauce pan I put in 1 cup of mixed vegetables, pint of shredded turkey, cut up half pint of yukon gold potatoes, a package of turkey gravy mix and 1 cup of water.  I simmered this for 5 minutes and then took another cup of water, added about 3 tablespoons of cornstarch, mixed this and added to the pot to thicken the turkey mixture.  Baked at 375 degrees for about 90 minutes, cooled for about 5 minutes and then cut it.  Very good flavor and something different.

1 cup of mixed vegetables.

Potatoes and turkey.

Cut up potatoes.

Turkey mixture after adding cornstarch.

Ready for the oven.

Out of the oven.



2 comments:

  1. That looks delicious. I see your bandaged hand there - how are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete