Thursday, August 30, 2012

Part III of The Adventures of Paula and Renee

Pretty calm day.  Up early and canned 4 quarts of white peaches, hung 2 loads of wash out and then on to pick up Renee.  Got the book on canning jars and then to Big R to get some more canning seals and vinegar.  Big R is a farm store that is in Ill and Indiana.  They have the cheapest canning seals and have a variety of other items.  Then took Renee back home and I came home and canned 6 qts of pears.  I still have pears left, lots of pears left.  My peaches are finally done and when the pears get done I have lots of apples for applesauce.
I saved the best for last, guess what Renee and I got today?  Hint, we were in the small town that has a Libby pumpkin canning plant and this town has a pumpkin festival every year.  If you said pumpkins you are correct.  After the apples looks like Renee and I will be canning pumpkin.
The "adventures" series will be on hold for a little while.  I HAVE to do yard work tomorrow before the big rain hits our area Friday night.  I will also pick the garden and then a trip to deliver eggs to Gina at the hospital.  I think I have 8 dozen of eggs and am totally out of egg cartons.  I have 2 bowls of over 3 dozen of eggs in them.  Gina will have to meet me and I will have to fill the egg cartons that she has.  I will not buy cartons and have never been totally out.  Usually the people who get the eggs recycle the cartons, I'm not sure what has happened.
Later, take care.

3 comments:

  1. Would you like for me to start my friends saving their egg cartons for you...I will. I love your blog and am so jealous of you and Renee. I sure wish my mom was around to give me tips on what Grandma used to do. I met your Ron last week. I think I threw him for a loop at first...anyway love you and keep blogging!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love the egg cartons. Yes Renee and I do some crazy things but we are having fun.

      Delete
  2. Yes we will have take a few days off :( I have peaches and pears to do tomorrow, drain the pool a little incase we do get a couple inches of rain, pick garden, dehydrate a few things and the list goes on!!

    ReplyDelete