Friday, August 24, 2012

Peaches and Pears

Finished the white peaches today; I got 4 quarts and 1 pint and will give 2 quarts to Renee.  After the peaches I canned 3 quarts of pears.  I still have enough pears to can about 8 more quarts.  I am done with peaches, I think about all the peaches on the trees that the owners said we could pick going to waste and it makes me sick.  I have enough peaches, and now will work on canning more pears, making applesauce and hopefully some apple pie filling.  There are a couple apricot trees that are not ready yet and I hope to can some of them.  That should be all the fruit I will do and we will have plenty of it.
Aldi has carrots on sale this week for 49 cent for a pound and I want to pick some up to make pickled carrots.  I made 1 pint in July and they are already gone; they were very good and make a nice addition to a meal.
Later, take care.

2 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts Paula! You've probably already thought about this but perhaps you can share some of those peaches with family members or friends who aren't aware? (Or maybe it's a bit presumptuous to ask for more as the tree isn't your own?) Anyway, I enjoy seeing your accomplishments. :)
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have shared them with both daughters. If I knew of anyone else who wanted some I would pick them. The owners of the trees have told me I could have everything. There has to be at least 12 bushels on the trees that need picked.

      Delete