Sunday, May 6, 2012

Carrier oil for soap

I mixed up some carrier oil for scents and color today.  I put 2 ounces of grape seed oil in several 1/2 pint canning jars and added the following to the jars:
Lavender oil
Peppermint extract
Vanilla powder
Jasmine tea leaves
Black currant and vanilla tea leaves
Cinnamon
Paprika
I have 3 more jars ready and will try and find some other spices to add to them.  On each jar I also added the cost of the scent/color so I can keep track of the cost of each.  The most expensive is the lavender but you only use a small amount of the carrier oils.  There is no exact science to how much you add to each batch of soap, I will just keep track of the amount added and adjust accordingly.  The grape seed oil is good for you skin so along with the addition of color or scent you also have added value to the soap.

The scents and colors I mixed up for soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment