Thursday, May 31, 2012

Soap and Rugs to the Shop, and 2 Convenient Mixes Made

Renee and I took our stuff to the shop this morning and have already sold some stuff.  Before I left I made up a batch of the below Brownie Mix and Quick Mix that I posted the recipe for yesterday.  It rained all morning and now it is just windy out.  I have all the ingredients out of the freezer for some freezer convenient cooking that I am doing tomorrow.  I love to have those items for days that I don't feel like cooking or just to darn lazy to cook.  I will post recipes for those items in the next few days.

Brownie Mix

6 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons salt
8 cups sugar
8 oz unsweetened cocoa powder

In a large bowl mix all ingredients, store in airtight container.  Makes about 15 cups Brownie Mix.

For Brownies:
1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
2 eggs well beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups Brownie Mix
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Mix all ingredients, pour into a greased 8 inch square pan, bake 350 degrees 30 to 35 minutes.

For Chewy Chocolate Cookies:
1/4 cup butter or margarine melted
2 eggs slightly beaten
1/4 cup water
2 1/4 cups Brownie Mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix first 3 ingredients until blended, add the rest of the ingredients.  Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.  Makes 36 cookies.

Brownie Mix ingredients

Quick Mix ingredients

Brownie Mix and Quick Mix all done and ready to out in the fridge, I use painters tape to label the containers and also I put on the directions for making brownies or cookies and biscuits or dumplings.  The quick mix could also be used in any recipe you have that calls for that store bought product that has all the additives we don't need.

No comments:

Post a Comment