Monday, May 7, 2012

Saop making day

I made 3 batches of soap today.  Each batch will yield about 5 1/2 lbs when cured.  The first batch was scented with lavender oil and used assorted heart molds for most of it.  The second batch I used one of the wooden soap molds and poured most of it in the mold and saved a little and added some more cinnamon to make it darker and tried a simple swirl.  Really anxious to see how it turns out.  The third batch is a vanilla scented buttermilk soap.  I used the wooden soap mold for this one, buttermilk soap is very good for your skin.  I used some of the frozen buttermilk I had, will have to make butter real soon so I can freeze some more buttermilk.  The "true" buttermilk has a little bit of butter fat in it and that also adds to the advantages of the soap.
For the last 2 days I have been washing my hair with a bar of homemade soap.  Yesterday I used some avocado soap and today I used an unscented soap.  Both times my hair has turned out really soft.  I just get my hair wet, rub the bar on my hair and it when I have plenty of suds I just scrub my hair like I normally would.  I plan on using whatever bar of soap I am using on my body on my hair, the savings is huge.  I told Ron (my husband) yesterday that when he is out of liquid body wash he will have to start using bar soap.  He isn't real keen on the idea but why pay all that money when I make something that is better for the environment and better for you and better on the wallet.  I haven't said anything to Ian (grandson who lives with us) yet but I'm pretty sure he will react the same way. 
Later, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment