Thursday, May 10, 2012

Next to my last day of work

Tomorrow at 3:00 PM I will be officially retired.  The last couple of days has been a little emotional.  I worked for the department I am in now since 1999 and have seen a lot of people come and go.  No matter how crazy it got or how mad I was at the "boys" I will miss them; some more than others.
I am an organized person who loves a routine.  I will have to start a new routine and have fun doing it.  I have a list of things that I want to accomplish in the next 2 weeks that I have been putting off and then I will feel like I can do the fun things without feeling guilty.  I will be cleaning each room in my house from top to bottom and shouldn't take to long.  Washing curtains and the windows will take the longest and the room I use for my office/storage/soap drying room will be the worse.  I thought I would do the easiest place in the house first, the linen closet and go from there.  I also need to make and freeze some noodles and want to make some lasagna and freeze it for some convenient meals.  I have to remember that I don't have to rush and do things because I have all the time in the world.
My daughter Gina sent me flowers today at work which made me cry, that was so thoughtful of her to help brighten my day.  She just wanted to let me know that she was thinking of me.  Well hopefully this will be the last night that I go to bed before it gets dark out because I have to get up at 4:45 to be at work by 6:30.  One more day.......
Later, take care.

Flowers from Gina to brighten my day

No comments:

Post a Comment