Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Homemade dish soap

Saw a recipe the other day for liquid dish soap and thought I would give it a try.  I changed it a little and this is my version:
Homemade Dishwashing Liquid
1 1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup homemade grated soap

1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP washing soda
Wisk this all up for several minutes until soap melts.
I added several dehydrated lemon slices to the soap and it will give it a fresh lemon scent and helps cut the grease.


This recipe makes a little over 16 ounces and I use about 1 TBSP per sink of dishes.



I've used this twice now and the verdict is still out on it, gets the dishes clean and I knew it wouldn't make suds but there is just something about the suds and doing dishes.  I might try and add a drop of dish soap with it to see how that works next time. 
Lemon Homemade Dish Soap







No comments:

Post a Comment