Monday, May 14, 2012

Day 1 of Retirement

I started my day off with a 1 1/2 mile walk and then feed and watered the chickens.  I have a goal for the next 2 weeks and that is to clean every room from top to bottom, clean all closets, dressers, cabinets, curtains and wash the walls.  When I get done with all the rooms I am going to paint the laundry room which is way over due.  My plan for painting is to do it this weekend when my husband is home and he can help with it.  I don't mind doing the painting it just moving the heavy stuff in there. Today I can cross off the bathroom, hall coat closet and the linen closet.  Tomorrow morning Renee (daughter) and I are going to a little shop to see about selling some of my soap and rag rugs there.  I won't get a whole lot of work done at home so I plan on starting in the kitchen and then finishing it on Wednesday.  Then on Thursday I will do the living room; that leaves the laundry room, 2 bedrooms and the very messy, cluttered 3rd bedroom that is used as an office/storage/soap drying room.  That room will be the last room I am doing and will need a day to recoup after getting it done.

Well I have used the time I allowed myself to sit down and need to go out and check on the chickens and then start the pizza dough so it has plenty of time to rise.  I make little goals for myself and find that it helps motivate me.  This is the first time I was on the computer today and I wouldn't touch it until I had certain things done.  Sorta like you do with the kids, I make myself earn time to do the fun things when I have a lot of work to do.  Whatever works.
Later, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment