Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cheese out of the Press, Yard Work Done

Took the cheese out of the press first thing this morning and now it is sitting out and will be for several days so it can dry.  I will turn it over a couple times a day so it can dry evenly.   Went in to town to pay our property taxes that I almost forgot to pay (due today) and then came home and started the yard work.  4 1/2 hours later it is all done.  My arms are really hurting from running the weed eater.  Usually I do the mowing and my husband does the weed whacking but I figured since he works and I don't I should do it.  This is the first time in years that I have done this and all I can say is I need guards to go on my legs.  We have a lot of trim work and there is gravel on the sides of the driveway and that stuff hurts when it hits your legs.  I have at least 50 bruises on my legs now and a couple spots it broke the skin.  I watered the gardens and the trees today, I sure hope this no rain thing ends soon.  I picked 7 small tomatoes, 1 green pepper, 1 banana pepper, 3 onions and some lettuce today.  The garden despite the lack of rain is doing very good.  Last year we hardly got any peppers and so far this year I've picked 3 and it is only the 5th of June.  I have at least a dozen more peppers on my plants right now and lots of blooms.


Colby Cheese drying.

Garden pickings for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment