Friday, June 29, 2012

I Finally Got Enough Berries for A Pie

I knew if I kept at it I would get enough to make a blackberry pie; with the ones I got Wednesday and with today's I got a total of 4 cups enough for a pie.  I have a new goal of getting enough to make 3 more pies.  I have 13 days to accomplish this task and I will do my best to make my goal.  When I was picking raspberries I would get enough to make at least 3 pies each time; big difference.  The Japanese beetles are doing their best to eat them before I pick them so I have declared war.
When I finished the berry picking I decided I might as well work a little in the garden being that I was at this point drenched from sweating and it wasn't 9 AM yet.  I picked a couple pounds of peppers to pickle and can.  I ended up with 3 pints of banana peppers, not a whole lot but 3 more than I had.
Going to be another miserable day tomorrow so outside activity will be limited.  It is 8 PM, 94 degrees out and feel like temp is 104.  Just checked for the next 8 days it will be in the 90s and 2 of those days there is a 30% chance of rain.  Everything is going to dry out and burn up at this rate.  If doing a rain dance would get some rain instead of a call to the loony bin I would do it.  :)  .
Later, take care.  Try to stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment