Thursday, June 7, 2012

Raspberry Picking

Went raspberry picking for 2 1/2 hours this morning and got 16 cups, enough for 4 pies.  I bagged them 4 cups to a bag and froze them.  We saw a huge amount of berries dried up because they were not picked.  I'm surprised that no one picks them they are very visible.   Worked around the house and cut some reed to make baskets tomorrow.  Below are the jar/baskets that I am working on right now.  I know they need different garters for them but I don't have any material and wanted to see how they looked with a garter on them.  The one jar with the rag rug look is also one I made, not sure I am going to make more of that kind.  I will take them to the shop the first of the week and see what she thinks. The garter on it doesn't match at all but wanted to see how it would look. 

Basket jars I'm making, they are on a canning jar with an old zinc canning lid.

This is one I crocheted using material, with a different garter it would look nicer.

For my kids and local readers, I am looking for old potato mashers that look like this, of course without the deer antler handle.  I made a basket using one several years ago and want to make some more.  They are really unique looking but need to find some more of these.  If you find one under a dollar pick it up and I will pay you back.  Attention Gale, show Richard this and since he stops at a lot of thrift stores maybe he might be able to find some.  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment