Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ham and Cheese Bread & Cinnamon Raisin Bread

Ham and cheese sandwiches are a favorite in our house and when I can bake it all together it makes it super easy and delicious.  Every week I bake bread for the week and I use the Amish Loaf Bread recipe that I found over at http://chickensintheroad.com/ upper right hand corner, Farm Bell Recipes (I use 1/2 the sugar that is called for).   I also use this recipe to make ham and cheese pull apart bread.  I make the recipe (makes 2 loaves) and after it has risen I cut the dough in half.  Then the half I cut into 6 balls of dough.  Pat each ball out into a rectangle, add your favorite cheese, several slices of deli ham, fold the ends to meet in the middle, then fold in half and out them in the bread pan.  Bake it at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.  Cool for about 1/2 hour and then pull apart a section to eat.  You can add some mustard or your favorite condiment.  This stuff is delicious.  I wrap the leftovers and can reheat in the microwave the next day or eat it cold. 
I take the other half of the dough and have another loaf of bread for the week or pat it out, butter it, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar over it, add some raisins and have bread for breakfast.  This time since I just baked 2 loaves of bread a few hours ago I made Cinnamon Raisin Bread with the other half of the dough.


Dough, ham cheese
The ends are folded to the center.

Then fold in half.

Put them in the bread pan.

After rising and ready for the oven.

Out of the oven.

L to R; Ham and Cheese, Cinnamon Raisin Bread.  These are ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment