Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lazy Day Thursday

I have not did a thing today or at least nothing productive.  I have to be busy and have some type of agenda or I am bored.  I am not do nothing person.
On the bright side I got my first delivery of chipped up tree branches/roots today.  Someone my husband works with does tree root removal and he dropped by a truck load of stuff and this is the beginning to my new garden bed.  After watching the Back To Eden documentary the other day I am going to do a garden like that.  I will put down newspaper, shredded trees, grass clippings and then this fall crushed up leaves.  All of this stuff will be a total depth of about 8 to 12 inches.  By next spring the bed will be ready to be planted.  If done correctly you shouldn't have to weed or water it.  Just add some of the same material that you made the garden with as it decomposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment