Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Slow Day

Not much going on today. Cooked the green beans Renee gave me and made a Quinoa Salad and Pasta Salad to have with our meals this week.  Ron will not eat either one (doesn't know what's he missing) but the grandson Ian will eat both.  They make a nice side dish or a lunch for me.  I usually eat leftovers for lunch when we have them because Ron doesn't like leftovers.  Do you see a pattern here?  I'm going to try my luck again tomorrow morning with the blackberries.  Sure hope I get more than the cup we got on Monday.  Oh well if not the walk won't kill me and I enjoy looking around to see what I might find.  When I was sitting out back this afternoon I saw a doe and 2 fawns frolicking in the field.  We've seen several yearlings at the back of the house the last couple weeks.  The hay field was just cut 2 weeks ago so we are able to see them easier.  At the end of the hay field there is corn and it is already over 6 feet tall and when we were down by the corn on Monday we saw a lot of hoof prints at the edge of the field.  Not sure how big of a herd there is this year; a couple of years ago we saw up to 15 at one time in the field.  I love watching them and over the years have taken way too many pictures of them.
Later, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment