Thursday, June 28, 2012

HOT Thursday

Right now it is 99 and feels like 108.  I sat out front for 20 minutes and I felt sick to my stomach just sitting there so I came back in.  I feel so sorry for those who work outside in weather like this; it is miserable out.  I have chicken breasts marinating to cook on the grill for supper.  I just can't wait to do it, not.  We don't eat until 6:30 or after so it might be a degree cooler by then.  I think I'll make some tuna salad to have sandwiches for tomorrow's supper.  It is just to hot to cook.
It's only going to get down to the mid 70's tonight so tomorrow mornings walk for berries will be a hot one.  Maybe I'll settle for riding the yard tractor instead of walking, now that would be really lazy if I did that.  I'll just walk and walk slowly and enjoy all the beauty that God has created.
I'm amazed every time I  go for a nature walk and look at everything around me.  Everything was created for a purpose, even those Japanese beetles.  I like to listen when I am walking, listen for a purpose.  Just don't listen really listen to all that is going on around you.  I live by a highway so the major sound is highway noises.  But if I listen for a purpose I hear the birds, the leaves moving, branches hitting each other, bugs making sounds, the frogs, the toads and if my cat followed I hear her walking in the woods stepping ever so gently on those fallen leaves and branches.   Next time your out side stop and listen, really listen and you will be amazed at the number of sounds you hear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment