Thursday, June 14, 2012

Lazy Thursday

Didn't do a whole lot of anything today.  Went into town to get 100 lbs of chicken feed and came home and made 3 canning jar baskets.  Did some wash, changed the bedding and started on a new rag rug.  After supper went in to Renee's to take her a roll of chicken wire that Ron got and sat and visited with them for an hour or so.  She gave me some shredded zucchini that she froze yesterday for me and she picked me 2 zucchini to bring home.  Looks like I am going to make some zucchini bread tomorrow, I think I have enough flour for a batch.  Saturday is Amish shopping day and will be getting 50 lbs of flour then.  I also will be getting some clear jel so I can make and can some quarts of raspberry pie filling.  I have a small list of other things that I also need to get when we are there.  I can't rely on my memory to remember them so I write it down.  I don't know if my daughter Gina has a list of things that she wants, I always let the girls know when we go down and will pick up things for them also.
Tuesday night one of the boys from the Amish dairy called because he knows that Ron works in a scrap yard and he was wondering if he could get them an air horn to use at their brothers lumber mill.  They need it to use as a signal.  He also had a couple of other things that they were looking for and Ron will do his best to help them out.  I gave them my number a couple of months ago and the next time they butcher a cow they are going to call me so I can come down and get the suet so I can use it to make soap.  They were raising organic feed hogs and selling them but the price of corn is so high that they can't afford to do that at the present time.  So one of the boys that is still at home is working at his brothers lumber mill to help support the family.  They are so sweet and friendly.
Later, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment